Kotlin announced as official programming language for the Android development by google. It’s have some advantage like,
– Performance : It is as fast as Java. It’s also support lambda, inline function, extension which enhance the performance of kotlin
– Interoperable : Fully inter operable with Java and all latest android libraries.
– Compatible : It can run on the older android device without any issue. it is compatible with JDK 6.
– Versatile : It can be used to create server side application, Android application and front end code which is running on the browser
– Sort Coding : Huge amount of code can be reduced. because it support lambda, inline functions.
You need to download the Android studio 3.0 or latest
Then check out some of the sample which is developed by the Google
Learn some Basic syntax
After got some basic knowledge, you can try this Kotlin Koans to practice.
Tools for Android development